Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Humanitarian Haute Couture - 1

A month on from the Royal Wedding and tongues are still wagging about the right Royal haute couture that graced the aisle of Westminster Abbey. Who could forget Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, promoting fine, if eccentric British specimens on their heads?

Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice
In a recent TV news debate I heard one cruel reporter referring to Princess Beatrice's hat as a, and I quote, 'portable loo seat' or, shock, horror 'a pair of falopian tubes'. After getting back on my chair, I started to think about humanitarian fashion and wondered if it is possible to have multi-purpose clothing and accessories that look chic, (cough cough), stylish, (splutter) and yet serviceable. What do you think?

Princess Beatrice flogged her hat on e-bay for charity for at least £80k and I wonder who bought it? A humanitarian agency could have made use of it I suppose, one never knows when one needs to have a portable loo seat on long journeys into the bush which could also double up as a handy visual aid for reproductive health education!

No comments:

Post a Comment